|Back to Back Issues Page|
Grant de Jongh | Professional recruiter | Morning rituals and daily habits
May 31, 2018
In a recent interview, I had the opportunity to talk to Grant de Jongh, CEO of The Recruiter, about the business of a professional recruiter.
He is a valued client for many years and provided us with various tips of the trade related to recruiting.
We also discussed his morning rituals and daily habits in his life as an entrepreneur.
Find the full interview here: https://youtu.be/cU0iBE6J8eI
Below a few points of interest taken from the interview:
Tell us more about the industry you are in?
- Grant is a professional recruiter, with his passion for the construction and engineering industry. He assists established and new construction companies.
- He loves the personal touch with clients and business associates.
- They do detailed reports on the potential candidates
- Tips: Be careful how you market yourself on social media. Do not ever bad mouth your current or previous employers.
What are your morning rituals and daily habits?
- Make sure he gets enough rest
- Live a healthy lifestyle
- Drink coffee first thing in the morning, before he speaks to anyone.
- After coffee in the morning, make a list of priorities. He frequently checks and updates this list to make sure he is still on track.
- He never let his days' plan, flow over to the next day.
Any bad habits entrepreneurs need to stop immediately?
- Eliminate news as far as possible. Its primary aim is to create fear.
- Stay away from parties in the week. When you play, play hard, but not to the detriment of your business.
Any books that you recommend?
- Screw it let's do it - Richard Branson
Any smartphone apps that changed your life?
- WhatsApp, because he needs a lot of information consistently from his clients and recruiting employees.
Any last tips or advice to new entrepreneurs?
- Be passionate about your business.- You can never communicate enough.
If you found this article interesting and helpful, please share with a fellow entrepreneur friend.
How can we assist you?
Contact us for your monthly accounting and tax needs.
I have been in the industry for almost two decades and would love to assist you with your start-up or running business needs.
Feel free to send comments and/or questions to my inbox.
Feel free to contact us with your accounting, income tax or company start-up needs.
Yours in Tax,
Member of Institute of Accounting & Commerce.
You are subscribed to Dryk Holdings Newsletter.
The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.