NEW TAX ADMINISTRATIVE PENALTIES
Effective from 1 January 2009 SARS issued legislation regarding new tax administrative penalties.
These penalties may be imposed for non-compliance in respect of the following:
* Failure to submit your tax return before the tax deadline
* Failure to register as an employer
* Failure to register as an taxpayer
* Failure to submit an estimate of taxable income for provisional tax
* Failure to provide evidence when requested by SARS
Herewith a link to the table of penalties
SARS Tax Administrative Penalties
These penalties will automatically increase every month that the taxpayer fails to comply. The penalty will be limited to a maximum of 35 months. If SARS is not in posession of the taxpayers current adress the period will be increased to 47 months.
Penalties may be waived by SARS if a taxpayer can provide good reason for non-compliance.
Find this page helpfull? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.